Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Low-Poly Characters!

I'm not primarily into making characters, but I have done a few in the past. So here are a few examples of some low-poly characters I have created.

This is my final entry into a contest held around the time Wrath of the Lich King launched a few years back. The contest was to create a Death Knight type character for the World of Warcraft universe. The limitations were 512 px textures and 2,000 polys. I don't remember how well I fared in the contest, but I was pleased with the result.

This image is a collaboration with a former colleague of mine, Jeff Baker, from ISO Interactive. This was made for an in-house project which never quite got off the ground. The project was a browser-based MMORPG, that would feature several "classes," one of which being a samurai/ninja. We had plans to include knights and pirates, as well. It was quite exciting to work on, and it culminated in a proof-of-concept piece I created in Unity 3D. It was a simple demo in which you can run the character around and look at a small section of the world I created. It was very simple, but also quite cool!

This image was from an early attempt at a Unity 3D game for ISO Interactive. We were using this as a stepping stone to learn Unity 3D and see what limitations we had and what we could do with the platform. Zombie Friday was a twist on the term "Casual Friday," and was a 3rd person shooter game taking place in a high-rise building. The object of the game was to make it from the top floor to the ground level, facing increasingly harder zombies on the way. I created these zombies from concept images created by Jeff Baker. The top zombie is actually one of the boss characters, a hulking zombie security guard.


Johan Arzuza said...

Great concept art here. Nice to meet you.
JOhan Arzuza

Ayumi Sophia said...

Thank you for giving posts and articles were very amazing. I really liked as a part of the article. With a nice and interesting topics. Has helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know. You need more publicize this because many people. Who know about it very few people know this. Success for you....!!!